Keynotes, Workshops, Deep Dives & Coaching
Make no mistake: Cause a Disturbance is more than a book, or even a keynote or workshop. It’s a way of seeing the world, a formula for low-cost, continuous innovation that will change the way you work and transform your organization into a market leader.
The theme of Cause a Disturbance is straightforward and empowering: Anyone can be an innovator! If you can slice melon or make a right-hand turn, you can learn to create new, breakthrough products and services that will upend your market and make your organization an industry leader. It’s a simple, empowering message that has been inspiring business audiences – from solopreneurs to Fortune 500 executives – since 2010.
You determine how close you want to get to Cause a Disturbance – and let’s get started!
Keynotes: What makes innovation so hard? Our engrossing presentations explore the barriers to successful innovation and introduce the principles of the 90% Rule: rediscovering your core strengths and leveraging lower risk opportunities you’re already 90% capable of mastering. Our examples of cutting-edge innovators will inspire your staff, members or teams to see the opportunities in front of them, not the problems!
Workshops: Our half-day workshops let your team roll up their sleeves and begin the innovation revolution! They’ll learn the principles of adjacent innovation and actually start to uncover new opportunities they’ve never seized before. We provide the tools you need to keep the momentum going. And we insist on coming back for an update session to ensure everyone is moving forward together.
Deep Dives: For groups that really want to get it right, our intensive deep dives (pre-work, homework and three to four half-days of meeting time) helps teams master our detailed process for rethinking and reinventing their organization.
Choose the deep dive to cause a disturbance in the way you think about innovation as it opens your mind to the possibilities – and simplicity – of being innovative, everyday. Your team will cover the key factors that help you become a successful innovator.
- We explore what innovation is and how to identify the many simple day-to-day opportunities that exist.
- We look at companies with consumer-focused platforms and thought processes (Starbucks, Apple, Disney) that are different from commodity-based companies (I make coffee, cake, chairs or computers) and discuss how they create more opportunities to be innovative.
- We show you how to shift your mindset from thinking like a commodity provider to thinking like a platform builder.
- We demonstrate the misconception that innovation = invention, which helps you understand how easy and powerful innovation can be.
- We show you how innovation can change your business in small simple steps by walking you through the 90% Rule®, which helps you create a dynamic, innovative culture for your business. The 90% Rule® is a straightforward philosophy that recognizes that you are already 90% of the way there. It gets you to leverage the 90% that you are already capable of and constantly ask what’s the next 10%? What’s the next product, service or process improvement that will create a continuously engaged customer base and strengthen your brand?
Coaching: We all know the enemies of innovation: day-to-day distractions, negative thinking, flawed communication, failure to follow up. Our specialized coaching services enable business executives to overcome criticism, backsliding and everyday inertia in order to achieve their reinvention and innovation goals. We’ll help you identify the obstacles you’re facing and discover the true course that will lead your team to success!